TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following Booking Conditions together with the General Information contained on this website form the basis of your contract with ColdFusion Chalets Limited t/as ColdFusion Chalets Please read them carefully as they set out our respective rights and obligations.
These Booking Conditions only apply to holiday arrangements which you book with us in the UK and which we agree to make, provide or perform (as applicable) as part of our contract with you. All references in these Booking Conditions to “holiday”, “booking”, “contract”, “package”, “tour” or “arrangements” mean such holiday arrangements.
In these Booking Conditions, “you” and “your” means all persons named on the booking (including anyone who is added or substituted at a later date). “We”, “us” and “our” means ColdFusion Chalets.
- Making your booking
All enquiries/bookings should be made primarily by telephone or e-mail. On receipt of your booking details we will check to see if your chosen arrangements are available. If they are and you wish to proceed with your booking, we will hold a provisional reservation for you. No contract exists between us at this stage.You will then have 3 working days to download and send us a completed booking form along with the payments set out below. The party leader must complete and sign our booking form. He/she must be authorised to make the booking on the basis of these Booking Conditions by all persons named on the booking and their parent or guardian for all party members who are under 18 when the booking is made. By signing the booking form, the party leader confirms that he/she is so authorised. The party leader is responsible for making all payments due to us. The party leader must be at least 18 when the booking is made.Payments
(1) a deposit cheque (deposit of £150 per person)
(2) payment of the full cost of the holiday if it is 8 weeks or less before you goNon-receipt of deposits and completed signed booking forms by us within 3 working days of making a telephone/e-mail reservation may mean that we will release your chosen week/s to other enquirers. All balances must be paid no less than 8 weeks before departure (or full payment if booking less than 8 weeks before departure.) If you fail to make all payments in full and on time, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and retain all deposits paid or due at that time. If we do not cancel straight away because you have promised to make payment, you must pay the cancellation charges shown in the section headed “Cancellation by you” depending on the date we reasonably treat your booking as cancelled.
Confirming your booking
Once we have received your booking form and all appropriate payments, we will, subject to availability, confirm your holiday by issuing a confirmation invoice setting out your holiday details and the price. This invoice will be sent to the party leader. We advise you to check this invoice carefully. If there is an error on your invoice, please contact ColdFusion immediately as it may not be possible to make changes later.
Special requests and medical problems:
Although we will endeavour to pass any reasonable requests on to the relevant supplier, we regret we cannot guarantee any request will be met unless we have specifically confirmed this. For your own protection, you should obtain confirmation in writing from us that your request will be complied with (where it is possible for us to give this) if your request is important to you. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier or the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability.
We regret we cannot accept any conditional bookings, i.e. any booking which is specified to be conditional on the fulfillment of a particular request. All such bookings will be treated as “standard” bookings subject to the above provisions on special requests.
If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability which may affect your holiday, please tell us before you confirm your booking so that we can advise as to the suitability of the chosen arrangements. In any event, you must give us full details in writing at the time of booking. If we reasonably feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned, we must reserve the right to decline their reservation or, if full details are not given at the time of booking, cancel when we become aware of these details.
- Your contract
A binding contract between us comes into existence when we despatch our confirmation invoice to the party leader. We both agree that English Law (and no other) will apply to your contract and to any dispute, claim or other matter of any description which arises between us (except as set out below). We both also agree that any dispute, claim or other matter of any description (and whether or not involving any personal injury) which arises between us must be dealt with by the Courts of England and Wales only unless, in the case of Court proceedings, you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland. In this case, proceedings must either be brought in the Courts of your home country or those of England and Wales.If proceedings are brought in Scotland or Northern Ireland, you may choose to have your contract and any dispute, claim or other matter of any description which arises between us governed by the law of Scotland/Northern Ireland as applicable (but if you do not so choose, English law will apply).Changes to these Booking Conditions [or the General Information shown in our brochure] will only be valid if agreed by us.
- The cost of your holiday
We reserve the right to make changes to and correct errors in advertised prices at any time before your holiday is confirmed.We will advise you of any error of which we are aware and of the then applicable price at the time of booking.Once the price of your chosen holiday has been confirmed at the time of booking, we will only increase or decrease it in the following circumstances. Price increases or decreases after booking will be passed on by way of a surcharge or refund. A surcharge or refund (as applicable) will be payable, subject to the conditions set out in this clause, if our costs increase or decrease as a result of transportation costs increasing or decreasing or our costs increase or decrease as a result of any changes in the exchange rates which have been used to calculate the cost of your holiday.Even in the above cases, only if the amount of the increase in our costs exceeds 2% of the total cost of your holiday (excluding insurance premiums and any amendment charges), will we levy a surcharge. If any surcharge is greater than 10% of the cost of your holiday (excluding insurance premiums and any amendment charges), you will be entitled to cancel your booking and receive a full refund of all monies you have paid to us (except for any amendment charges) or alternatively purchase another holiday from us as referred to in clause 8 “Changes and Cancellations by us”.
Please note that travel arrangements are not always purchased in local currency and some apparent changes have no impact on the price of your travel due to contractual and other protection in place. A refund will only be payable if the decrease in our costs exceeds 2% as set out above. Where a refund is due, we will pay you the full amount of the decrease in our costs.You have 14 days from the issue date printed on the surcharge invoice to tell us if you want to cancel or purchase another holiday.
If you do not tell us that you wish to do so within this period of time, we are entitled to assume that you will pay the surcharge. Any surcharge must be paid with the balance of the cost of the holiday or within 14 days of the issue date printed on the surcharge invoice, whichever is the later.We promise not to levy a surcharge within 30 days of the start of your holiday.Please note, changes and errors occasionally occur. You must check the price of your chosen holiday at the time of booking.
- Changes by you before you Travel
Should you wish to make any changes to your confirmed holiday, you must notify us as soon as possible. Whilst we will endeavour to assist, we cannot guarantee we will be able to meet any such requests. Where we can, an amendment fee of £15 (£10 for name changes) per person/per booking will be payable together with any costs incurred by ourselves and any costs or charges incurred or imposed by any of our suppliers. Please note – these costs may have changed since the date you made your booking. Any changes to your confirmed holiday dates made less than 2 weeks before departure will incur cancellation charges.
- Cancellation by you
Should you or any member of your party need to cancel your chosen holiday once it has been confirmed, the party leader must immediately advise us in writing. Your notice of cancellation will only be effective when it is received in writing by us at our offices. As we incur costs from the time we confirm your booking, the following cancellation charges will be payable. Where the cancellation charge is shown as a percentage, this is calculated on the basis of the total cost payable by the person(s) canceling excluding amendment charges. Amendment charges are not refundable in the event of the person(s) to whom they apply canceling.
Period before departure within which written notification of cancellation is received by us Cancellation charge per person canceling More than 56 days Deposit Only 36-56 days 60% 21-35 days 80% 21 days or less 100%
Depending on the reason for cancellation, you may be able to reclaim these cancellation charges (less any applicable excess) under the terms of your insurance policy (see clause 6). Claims must be made directly to the insurance company concerned.
Where any cancellation reduces the number of full paying party members below the number on which the price, number of free places and/ or any concessions agreed for your booking were based, we will recalculate these items and re-invoice you accordingly.
We consider adequate travel insurance to be essential. Such insurance should at least provide cover for the cost of assistance including repatriation in the event of accident or illness and cancellation by you. We cannot accept responsibility for any costs you incur as a result of your failure to take out such insurance. Please note that some policies exclude certain winter sports from the cover provided. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance cover you purchase is suitable and adequate for your particular needs. We do not check alternative insurance policies. Please note: insurance premiums must be paid as soon as possible as cover will not be effective until we receive all applicable premiums in full.Please read your policy details carefully and take them with you on holiday.
We offer a complimentary transfer service between the chalets and the airport, and between the chalets and ski-slopes in resort. These transfers will either be made in a ColdFusion vehicle or in a vehicle of a sub-contracted transfer company. It is your responsibility to check the return transfer details to the airport from resort and to check that you will be given enough time to arrive to check in at the recommended time advised by the airline. It is also your responsibility to ensure that you and your party are present at the correct pick-up point and at the correct time advised by resort staff as our transfers will leave promptly and will not wait for guests who have failed to follow these instructions. We will also not accept liability for any ski/snowboard lessons or other activities missed/disrupted due to a delayed transfer in resort as a result of factors beyond our control. It is advisable to check that your insurance policy will cover you should the above described incidents occur.
- Changes and cancellation by us
We start planning the holidays we offer many months in advance. Occasionally, we have to make changes to and correct errors in website and other details both before and after bookings have been confirmed and cancel confirmed bookings. Whilst we always endeavour to avoid changes and cancellations, we must reserve the right to do so. However, we promise we will only cancel your confirmed booking 8 weeks or less before departure where you have failed to comply with any requirement of these booking conditions entitling us to cancel (such as paying on time) or where we are forced to do so as a result of “force majeure” as defined in clause 9 below or insufficient numbers are reached (see below). We will not cancel after this date for any other reason.Most changes are minor. Occasionally, we have to make a “significant change”. A significant change is a change made before departure which, taking account of the information you give us at the time of booking and which we can reasonably be expected to know as a tour operator, we can reasonably expect to have a major affect on your holiday. Significant changes are likely to include for example the following changes when made before departure; a change of accommodation to that of a lower official classification or standard for the whole or a major part of the time you are away or a change of accommodation area for the whole or a major part of the time you are away.If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible. If there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of the following options:
- (for significant changes) accepting the changed arrangements
- purchasing an alternative holiday from us, of a similar standard to that originally booked if available. We will offer you at least one alternative holiday of equivalent or higher standard for which you will not be asked to pay any more than the price of the original holiday. If this holiday is in fact cheaper than the original one, we will refund the price difference. If you do not wish to accept the holiday we specifically offer you, you may choose any of our other then available holidays. You must pay the applicable price of any such holiday. This will mean your paying more if it is more expensive or receiving a refund if it is cheaper
- canceling or accepting the cancellation in which case you will receive a full and quick refund of all monies you have paid to us
Please note, the above options are not available where any change made is a minor one.
If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will as a minimum where compensation is due pay you compensation depending on the circumstances and when the significant change or cancellation is notified to you subject to the following exceptions. Compensation will not be payable and no liability beyond offering the above mentioned choices can be accepted where
- we are forced to make a change or cancel as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care or
- the minimum number of persons required to operate your holiday have not been reached – in this case we will notify you by the deadline [as shown in the description of the holiday in question.]. No compensation will be payable and the above options will not be available if we cancel as a result of your failure to comply with any requirement of these booking conditions entitling us to cancel (such as paying on time) or if the change made is a minor one. A minor change is any change which, taking account of the information you have given us at the time of booking or which we can reasonably be expected to know as a tour operator, we could not reasonably expect to have a significant effect on your confirmed holiday
Very rarely, we may be forced by “force majeure” (see clause 9) to change or terminate your holiday after departure but before the scheduled end of your time away. This is extremely unlikely but if this situation does occur, we regret we will be unable to make any refunds (unless we obtain any refunds from our suppliers), pay you any compensation or meet any costs or expenses you incur as a result.
- Force Majeure
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our obligations under our contract with you is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss (as more fully described in clause 10(1) below) as a result of “force majeure”. In these Booking Conditions, “force majeure” means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, actual or threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
- Our Liability to you
(1) We promise to make sure that the holiday arrangements we have agreed to make, perform or provide as applicable as part of our contract with you are made, performed or provided with reasonable skill and care. This means that, subject to these booking conditions, we will accept responsibility if, for example, you suffer death or personal injury or your contracted holiday arrangements are not provided as promised or prove deficient as a result of the failure of ourselves, or (but not in the case of accommodation only bookings) our employees, agents or suppliers to use reasonable skill and care in making, performing or providing, as applicable, your contracted holiday arrangements. Please note it is your responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care has not been used if you wish to make a claim against us. In addition, (but not for accommodation only bookings) we will be responsible for what our employees, agents and suppliers do or do not do but only if they were at the time acting within the course of their employment (for employees) or carrying out work we had asked them to do (for agents and suppliers).(2) We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following: –– the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or– the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party not connected with the provision of your holiday and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable or– ‘force majeure’ as defined in clause 9 above(3) Please note, we cannot accept responsibility for any services which do not form part of our contract. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities which or any other supplier agrees to provide for you where the services or facilities are not advertised on our website and we have not agreed to arrange them andany excursion you purchase in resort. Please also see clause 17 “Excursions Activities and Website Information”. In addition, regardless of any wording used by us on our website, in any of our or elsewhere, we only promise to use reasonable skill and care as set out above and we do not have any greater or different liability to you.(4)The promises we make to you about the services we have agreed to provide or arrange as part of our contract – and the laws and regulations of the country in which your claim or complaint occurred – will be used as the basis for deciding whether the services in question had been properly provided. If the particular services which gave rise to the claim or complaint complied with local laws and regulations applicable to those services at the time, the services will be treated as having been properly provided. This will be the case even if the services did not comply with the laws and regulations of the UK which would have applied had those services been provided in the UK. The exception to this is where the claim or complaint concerns the absence of a safety feature which might lead a reasonable holiday maker to refuse to take the holiday in question.(5) As set out in these booking conditions we limit the maximum amount we may have to pay you for any claims you may make against us.
Where we are found liable for loss of and/or damage to any luggage or personal possessions (including money), the maximum amount we will have to pay you is £250 per person affected unless a lower limitation applies to your claim under this clause or clause 10(6) below.
For all other claims which do not involve death or personal injury, if we are found liable to you on any basis the maximum amount we will have to pay you is 150% the price (excluding insurance premiums and amendment charges) paid by or on behalf of the person(s) affected in total unless a lower limitation applies to your claim under clause 10 (6) below. This maximum amount will only be payable where everything has gone wrong and you have not received any benefit at all from your holiday.
(6) Please note, we cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss, expense or other sum(s) of any description (1) which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you or (2) which did not result from any breach of contract or other fault by ourselves or our employees or, where we are responsible for them, our suppliers. Additionally we cannot accept liability for any business losses.
(7)You must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require. You must also tell us and the supplier concerned about your claim or complaint as set out in clause 12 below. If asked to do so, you must transfer to us or our insurers any rights you have against the supplier or whoever else is responsible for your claim or complaint (if the person concerned is under 18, their parent or guardian must do so). You must also agree to cooperate fully with us and our insurers if we or our insurers want to enforce any rights which are transferred.
- Complaints and problems
We pride ourselves on the provision of high quality holidays. In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problems with your holiday whilst away, you must immediately inform our representative and the supplier of the service(s) in question in resort who will endeavour to resolve the problem. Until we know about a problem or complaint, we cannot begin to resolve it. Most problems can be dealt with quickly. If you remain dissatisfied, however, you must ask our representative for a Customer Report Form, fill it in and return a copy to him/her, retaining a copy for your own records. You must send full details of your complaint to us together with a copy of the Customer Report Form within 28 days of your return to the UK giving your booking reference. If you fail to follow this simple complaints procedure, your right to claim the compensation you may otherwise have been entitled to may be affected or even lost as a result. For all complaints and claims that do not involve death, personal injury or illness, we regret we cannot accept liability if you fail to notify the complaint or claim with the 28 day time limit referred to above.
When you book with us, you accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you or any member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or loss must be paid direct at the time to the accommodation owner or manager or other supplier. If you fail to do so, you will be responsible for meeting any claims subsequently made against us (together with our own and the other party’s full legal costs) as a result of your actions.We expect all clients to have consideration for other people. If in our reasonable opinion or in the reasonable opinion of any other person in authority, you or any member of your party behaves in such a way as to cause or be likely to cause danger, upset or distress to any third party or damage to property, we are entitled, without prior notice, to terminate the holiday of the person(s) concerned. In this situation, the person(s) concerned will be required to leave the accommodation or other service. We will have no further responsibility toward such person(s) including any return travel arrangements. No refunds will be made and we will not pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of the termination.
- Conditions of suppliers
Many of the services which make up your holiday are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier’s liability to you. Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions (if any) are available on request from ourselves or the supplier concerned.
- Website and Holiday Information, Excursions, and activitiesThe information contained on our website is correct to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We may provide you with information (on our website, verbally and/or when you are on holiday) about activities and excursions which are available in the area you are visiting. We cannot guarantee accuracy at all times of information given in relation to such activities or excursions or about the resorts/area you are visiting generally (except where this concerns the services which will form part of your contract) or that any particular excursion or activity which does not form part of our contract will take place as these services are not under our control. If you feel that any of the activities mentioned on our website which are not part of our contract are vital to the enjoyment of your holiday, write to us immediately and we will tell you the latest known situation. If we become aware of any material alterations to resort/area information and/or such outside activities which can reasonably be expected to affect your decision to book a holiday with us, we will pass on this information at the time of booking.NB: The term “bathroom” is used generically and does not always guarantee the inclusion of a bath tub.During high season and even at other times, it is possible that you may be disturbed by noise from other, less considerate groups. It is important that you take this into consideration when choosing your holiday dates.Transfer times stated for travel between the airport and resort are approximate times only and may change.Some of the activity pictures featured on our website have been chosen to represent the atmosphere and essence of the activity and do not necessarily show the location where any activity you wish to take part in will take place.
- Passports, visas and health requirements
The passport, visa and health requirements applicable at the time of printing to British citizens for the holidays we offer are shown elsewhere in this brochure. A full British passport presently takes approximately 4 weeks to obtain. If you or any member of your party is 16 or over and haven’t yet got a passport, our recommendation is that you should apply for one at least 6 weeks before your holiday. The UK Passport Service has to confirm your identity before issuing your first passport and from October 2006 will ask you to attend an interview in order to do this.Requirements may change and you must check the up to date position in good time before departure. Information on health is contained in the Department of Health leaflet T6 (Health Advice for Travellers) available from your local Department of Health office and most Post Offices. For holidays in the EEA you should obtain an EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) prior to departure.NB this card replaced the E111. From January 2006 E111 forms will not be vailid.)It is the party leader’s responsibility to ensure that all members of the party are in possession of all necessary travel and health documents before departure. All costs incurred in obtaining such documentation must be paid by you. We regret we cannot accept any liability if you or any member of your party are refused entry onto any transport or into any country due to failure on your part to carry correct documentation. If you or any member of your party is not a British citizen or holds a non British passport, you must check passport and visa requirements with the Embassy or Consulate of the country(ies) to or through which you are intending to travel. If failure to have any necessary travel or other documents results to fines, surcharges or other financial penalty being imposed on us, you will be responsible for reimbursing us accordingly.
- Prices and Website Accuracy
Please note, the information and prices shown on our website may have changed by the time you come to book your holiday. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the website and prices at the time of printing, regrettably errors do occasionally occur. You must therefore ensure you check all details of your chosen holiday (including the price) with us at the time of booking.This website is our sole responsibility. It is not issued on behalf of and does not commit any independent organisation/carriers whose services are featured in it.
- Safety standards
Please note, it is the requirements and standards of the country in which any services which make up your holiday are provided which apply to those services and not those of the UK. As a general rule, these requirements and standards will not be the same as the UK and may sometimes be lower.The copyright in this document belongs to MB Law Solicitors, Studio 3 The Quays, Concordia Street, Leeds LS1 4ES, tel 0113-242 4444. Ref: CGI All copies of these conditions must include the words © MB Law Solicitors
This is the privacy notice of Cold Fusion Limited – UK & Cold Fusion SARL – France.
Cold Fusion ltd is our UK company with registered company number 05477114 in England and Wales. Our registered office is at 23 Woodbury Rise, Malvern, Worcestershire, WR14 1QZ, UK.
Cold Fusion SARL is our French company incorporated and registered in France with company number Siret: 793 851 361 00014 whose registered office is at 162 Impasse de la gare, Les Praz,74400, Chamonix-Mont-Blanc.
In all matters relating to data protection and this policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We have in place procedures and training for data protection, confidentiality and information security. These are regularly reviewed to ensure that they remain effective.
The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
We may collect and process the following information:
- Name, contact and address information including your email address that you provide by registering, making bookings or by filling in forms on our site www.coldfusionchalets.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to or booking any services we offer or requesting further information or services.
- Travel information and itinerary including flights and airport transfers.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information from your interaction with our site, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the site, IP address and standard web log information.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys, competitions and/or offers.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
In order to provide you with a holiday, we must process personal information.
We will ensure that in all circumstances the personal data we hold about you will be adequate to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected.
This information includes your name and address, your proficiency at and previous experience of the sports that you might undertake on your holiday, travel arrangements, dietary preferences, insurance policy information and copies of identification documents.
We also process information deemed to be “special category” information, which may include information that identifies your race or ethnic origin, information about your health and medical history, and information that discloses sexual orientation.
With your consent, we may process images and video of you taken during a holiday.
We process the same types of information about children who accompany us on our holidays as we do about adult clients.
We may use your personal data to:
- Provide you with information, products and services that you request from us.
- Provide reservation or booking services.
- Process payments for services.
- Send you email, telephone snd SMS updates, support and administrative messages relating to services, bookings and payments with us.
- Inform you of products, services and promotions which we feel may be of interest to you, if you have provided your explicit consent by giving a positive opt in when signing up.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Guides and other service providers
If you supply our business with goods or services, including subcontracted services that we supply to our clients, then we may process your personal information. However, we do so only to the extent necessary to contract with you.
If you are a guide, we may process information deemed to be “special category” information, which may include information that identifies your race or ethnic origin, information about your health and medical history, and information that discloses sexual orientation.
This website operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website’s email newsletter program. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by no far a comprehensive list].
This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will by detailed instead.
Links to other websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo).
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Updating or removing your data….
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. If you do not wish to be contacted by us with information about our services. You can opt out of receiving marketing communications emails from us at any time by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ in the footer of all emails, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you wish to request access or deletion of your personal data, please email us at email@example.com
We may also pass your information on to any successor or potential successor in title to our business and suppliers that process data on our behalf both in the United Kingdom and abroad.
Finally, if our business enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.