Singles Ski & Snowboard Holidays in Chamonix, Les Houches & Morzine
So you have found yourself doing your own thing when it comes to this year’s holiday.
If you are looking for a holiday where you will be recognised as an individual but would like the company of a group of fun, like-minded people, please allow us to introduce ourselves and tell you a bit more about what we do best.
At Cold Fusion, we have tried to create holidays for individual travellers which provide just that bit more to write home about than other tour operators.
With our wealth of experience in this industry, we pride ourselves on providing great times and great company – an overall memorable experience with people who we hope will become friends for years to come.
On a Cold Fusion holiday, our chalet becomes your home, our staff members become your family and your fellow travellers become your friends.
It is this relaxed, intimate chalet environment, the friendly staff and the unstructured nature of your holiday which begin to describe the Cold Fusion experience.
Our chalet really will become your home away from home and we find the informal surroundings of the chalet – where you can eat your breakfast in your pyjamas and wear your slippers to dinner – is conducive to being able to be yourself, an individual, and the ultimate reason you have decided to experience the Cold Fusion concept.
Entering our 10th successful season, we have learnt the importance of ‘me-time’, and whilst you are skiing and socialising as a group, we never forget that you are an individual and respect that fact. And so, if you would rather take a stroll alone one afternoon instead of heading to Apres-Ski with the other guests from the chalet, please feel free! Our holidays are about doing exactly what YOU want.
For us, our aim is not to bombard our guests with a huge range of resorts and accommodation, but to focus on the service we provide in the resorts known personally to us and the people we provide it to.
We see our guests as friends and treat them as such and the fact that we have been welcoming repeat guests nearly every week during the past few seasons goes to show that we are doing something right!
Interaction is the key to the Cold Fusion experience
Whether you are a skier or a snowboarder and whatever your level, your days will be spent on the slopes with friends from the chalet.
Our team will be happy to organise equipment hire, lift passes and lessons prior to your first day on the slopes to ensure an easy and prompt start to your holiday. To facilitate further your days on the slopes, our team will provide daily shuttles to and from the slopes so you avoid queuing for the bus and know that you can maximise your time spent enjoying the winter sport of your choice.
If you fancy doing something different, we will organise the activity of your choice from cross-country skiing to heli-boarding, to husky riding!
Individual Approach to Mealtimes
Your days on the slopes will follow a hearty breakfast; Continental breakfast is offered everyday and a full cooked breakfast is offered every day except Chef’s day-off.
The evening meal is the real highlight of the day for all of you socialites. It provides the opportunity for everyone to come together and really get to know each other as the group dines together in the chalet. See our example menu plan for the week.
Good conversation and the exchange of stories of the day’s events on the slopes will be enjoyed over a delicious three-course meal prepared by our Chef. This will be accompanied by free-flowing wine and followed by coffee and mints.
The rest of the evening is up to you; whether you choose to participate in an activity organised by our team, relax in your chalet chatting to new friends in front of a real log fire, or dance and drink the night away in Chamonix or Morzine’s lively and buzzing town centres.
Whatever you decide to do, our team will provide transport between the chalet and into town should you choose to go, and organise for you to get home safely at the end of the evening.
- Leader of the singles ski holiday industry since 2005
- World-famous singles ski resorts of Chamonix, Les Houches (Mont Blanc Massif) & Morzine (Portes du Soleil)
- Choose between a large group of 32 solo skiers in CHAMONIX, 12 solo travellers in Les Houches or 10 single skiers / snowboarders in MORZINE
- Choice of 4 traditional and contemporary ski chalets for solo travellers with unbeatable locations and proximity to ski lifts.
- Dynamic Cold Fusion team with qualified chefs, chalet hosts, drivers and ski hosts to cater for the needs of our single skiers and snowboarders
- Season long availability – our solo skiers can book anytime between December and May
- All ski chalets are exclusive to Cold Fusion with hot tubs
- We welcome all abilities of singles skiers and solo snowboarders
- No single supplement
- At Cold Fusion, we offer a family and child- free environment in all of our ski chalets. We guarantee you will be with other single skiers and solo snowboarders on all weeks throughout the winter season, offering a social winter holiday with like-minded single travellers.
- Our singles ski chalets benefit from short airport transfer times, with both Chamonix, Les Houches and Morzine being just over 1 hour from Geneva airport.
- Return airport transfers are included in the Cold Fusion holiday package and so the only thing left for our independent travellers to organise are their flights.
What’s included in your holiday price?
Included in your catered ski chalet holiday with Cold Fusion Chalets is:
- Transfers to and from Geneva airport with guaranteed flexibility to match your flight times allowing you to fly from your local airport at a time that suits you. Click here for more info about airport transfers
- Champagne and canapés upon arrival at the chalet
- Chalet accommodation for 7 nights
- Three course gourmet evening meal six nights of your stay – including special menus for those with dietary needs, prepared by an experienced chef
- Excellent quality complimentary French and Italian wine (selection of red, white and rose wines), beer & soft drinks with all evening meals.
- Full breakfast every morning: hot and cold option including eggs, bacon, fresh bread, pastries, fruit platter and a choice of cereals
- Afternoon tea – home baked cakes, fresh bread and jams with tea and coffee
- Tea, coffee and other hot drinks available at all times
- Chalet Host to organise lift passes, equipment hire, lessons, evening entertainment, etc
- Private transport to ski lifts: Morning and afternoon pick ups.
- Transport into town in the evenings in private minibuses (return transport is subject to availability and charged locally)
- Use of all chalet facilities:
- Hot tub
- Sauna (Morzine only)
- Television with UK satellite channels & DVD player
- Selection of DVDs, Playstation / Wii games, board games, books
- Internet access – WIFI and hard-wired with large iMac for guest use
- Docking station for iPods and MP3 players
- Secure ski and board store
- Help with the ski maps to show you the best runs and also where the best restaurants are located!
- Complimentary toiletries in every bathroom
- Bathrobes, Slippers and Hairdryers
- Linen, towels (changed mid-week)
- All local taxes (Includes free public transport)
Return airport transfers from Geneva, Switzerland included in holiday price
We offer return airport transfers to and from Geneva airport included in your holiday price.
These transfers are supplied by professional airport transfer companies ‘Mountain Drop Offs’ & ‘Skidee Gonzales’.
To benefit from the airport transfer service included in the holiday package we ask that you please book flights between the following times.
Flights landing in Geneva between 09:00 and 17:00 (if you arrange an early flight on the arrival day it is possible to ski in the afternoon)
Flights departing Geneva between 10:00 and 20:00 (a later departure flight can allow for an extra days skiing on the Sunday of departure)
- In Chamoinx and Morzine if you book a flight times outside the recommended arrival and departure times we may well be able to arrange transfers however you will incur a supplement fee of £25 each way per passenger.
- Bedrooms will be ready from 14:00 pm on the day of arrival and are to be vacated by 10:00 am on the day of departure. (If you are skiing on the day of arrival or departure we can happily store your bags in the chalet if needed)
Flexible pick ups and drop offs organised around YOUR flight times
Simply send us your flight details and we will guarantee that there will be a driver waiting for you when you land in Geneva and to take you back to Geneva to meet your departure flight at the end of your stay. The pick up time from the chalet will be 3-4 hours before your flight departure time. In peak season and weather dependent the departure time may be 5 hours before your flight time.
No pre-determined transfer times
We do not have set transfer times for you to work around. We organise your airport transfers based on the flight times you send us and guarantee a wait time of no longer than one hour ( a wait time of this length is very rare).
Short transfer times to Chamonix and Morzine
Transfer times to Chamonix and Morzine from Geneva are approximately one hour and fifteen minutes, depending on weather conditions and traffic.
Confirmation by SMS
You will receive a text message to your mobile phone the night before you fly, informing you of your driver’s name and telephone number so that you can liaise directly with your driver in the case of delayed flights etc.
Possibility of 8 days skiing
Our flexible airport transfers allow you to squeeze an extra couple of days skiing into your holiday! If you book an early arrival flight and a late departure flight, we can store your luggage whilst you enjoy an extra few hours on the slopes.
English speaking drivers to meet you off your flight
Our partner airport transfer companies employ only English speaking drivers with extensive driving experience. They will meet you off your flight and be holding a board with your name displayed on it before bringing you to the chalet.
Large fleet of 9 seater minibuses
Our partner airport transfer companies operate a large fleet of modern 9 seat Renault Traffic minibuses ensuring swift, comfortable transfers to resort. The minibuses can comfortably accommodate 8 adults, luggage and skis.
For more information please contact us on 0033 670 560 676 or via e-mail email@example.com
- Solo skiers
- Single snowboarders
- Like minded travellers
- Sociable ski couples
- Couple of friends looking for a social ski / snowboard holiday
- Partner doesn’t ski
Our guests travel independently for a variety of reasons. Maybe their friends or partners do not share the same love for skiing or snowboarding and they do not want to miss out on their ski holiday. It could be that their usual ski group cannot make it this year or their ski buddies cannot get the time off work or financially justify a winter holiday this season. Some of our guests are ski or snowboard novices and want to learn a new sport in the company of other independent travellers.
Not all of our guests are travelling solo, we also welcome small groups of 2 or 3 friends or sociable couples who want to meet other people in an adult only environment.
For whatever reason people choose to book with Cold Fusion, they are all in the same boat and looking for a social holiday where they can meet like-minded independent people to ski with during the day and to socialise with in the evenings.
Cold Fusion Holidays:
“Fantastic concept, brilliantly executed!”
“An excellent choice for the solo skier, I thoroughly recommend it!”
“The best solo ski holidays”
“Don’t hesitate to book – I was nervous but it was the best thing I have ever done”
“Going on a holiday alone can be quite daunting if you’ve never done it (I hadn’t) but you guys made it so easy and fun. I’ll definitely be going on more!”
“If you are an independent skier, you need to use these guys”
“Read the reviews! They’re bang on the money. The best of the best!”
Chalet Eagle – Morzine
“Amazing week at Chalet Les Bois in Chamonix” – Alastair
“Had a excellent first experience with Coldfusion. Right from my first enquiry the organisation was excellent- efficient and friendly. Chalet Les Bois was lovely- with a large comfortable communal areas…” – Liam S
Chalet Blanc – Chamonix
“Chamonix done the right way! Chalet Blanc” – Gokik
“I have just come back from an unbelievable week at Chalet Blanc, the whole experience was fantastic and it was only made better by our fantastic hosts Henry, Nick and our wonderful chef Xan for the week! I have stayed in quite a few Chalet’s in the past but honestly none of them live up to the service and quality that I have just received!”
Chalet Bellevue – Les Houches
“The food was the best I have ever had in a chalet” – Bellyjm
“Amazing skiing and chalet experience!” – Lucy G
Morzine Ski Resort
“Top Quaility in Morzine”- Craig F
“Unbeatable location & fantastic chalet” – Stephanie
“Fantastic, the best skiing holiday possible” – Shane D
Chamonix Ski Resort
“..the terrain at Chamonix amazed me. We had guides for 3 days for Off Piste adventures. What fun! This place is HUGE!” – Anne T
“All in all it was a fab holiday which I think was great value for money. I would definitely recommend and will use you guys again ” – Abbi B
“Great experience in Chamonix” – Jaap S
Les Houches Ski Resort
“ Totally awesome from booking to trip , nothing is a problem , turn up eat drink and enjoy the snow, food is awesome and the chalet is real nice , can’t recommend these guys enough for service and help for the single traveller“ -Stuart S
“First snowboarding experience – an absolute treat!” – Mark V
“Restaurant quality food!! ” – Michelle F
“Fantastic beginners skiing week with Cold Fusion chalets in Les Houches” –
“After one week of skiing, laughing, drinking, eating and sharing some amazing moments I have had the best holiday ever”
“All the people in the chalet really got on well and we all socialised and skied together making this one of the best ski holidays I’ve had”
“…Last winter i opted for a twin centre holiday in which i did one week in Chamonix and 1 week in Morzine. which proved to be a brilliant choice . The standard of accommodation & service was fantastic in both chalets ”
“Great all round service and excellent skiing …. this was my second trip with cold fusion and would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a friendly and sociable solo ski holiday”
“Cannot wait to go back. Nothing is too much trouble for the hosts”
“If you want a holiday taken care of without planning all the details I recommend Cold Fusion Chalets “
“My stay with Cold Fusion far exceeded expectations. A fab group of like-minded people who loved to ski, varied challenging ski area, fab accommodation and the most incredible, top-class food!”
“Cold Fusion really took the hassle out of the ski holiday, everything was so convenient – nothing was too much trouble. It was exactly what I needed to get a proper break, kick back and have some fun”
“I would recommend to anyone and wouldn’t hesitate booking again. Thanks so much, I’ve returned home thoroughly revived – missing that lovely hot tub though”
“If you are looking for a fantastic week away as an independent traveller to meet a great selection of new people and enjoy many memorable experiences on and off the slopes- then this is definitely the holiday you are looking for”
“Believe it! It’s all better than good!” – Helen